2017/2018 Virginia International University Scholarship Programme – The information reaching us from Virginia International University is that it’s 2017/2018 Scholarship Programme is out.
Virginia International University offers unimaginable opportunities which will enable you to reach your career goal. VIU is inviting international student for its scholarship programme. though, There are different types of Scholarship The Virginia International University offers.
How to Apply For 2017/2018 Virginia International University Scholarship
Students must apply for admission to Virginia International University, or be currently enrolled as full-time students before they can be eligible to apply for any scholarship.
To apply for a scholarship, students must follow these steps:
- New students: Apply for admissions at VIU
- Browse the scholarship opportunities
- Choose up to two types of scholarship
- Review the requirements for the scholarship application
- Apply online (applicant portal or student portal)
- Upload your documents via applicant portal or student portal.
Once the application form and all the supporting documents are received, students will receive a confirmation email.
All submissions must be scanned, color copies of the original document. Samples of these documents may include transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and test scores. Photocopies are NOT considered acceptable documentation. If any document is issued in the applicants’ native language, they must provide both the original document and a translation of the document in English. Translated documents must be notarized. VIU has the right to request original documentation. Submission of fabricated or false documents will result in disqualification from future scholarship application.
Virginia International University Scholarship Rules and Regulations
1.1 Students who are awarded a scholarship must reapply each year if they want to be considered for the scholarship for the next academic year. There is no guarantee that the scholarship will be awarded for the following year. 1.2 Students are eligible to apply for up to two scholarship types, but they will be eligible to receive only one scholarship per academic year. 1.3 All documents must be received by the application deadline. Incomplete applications will automatically be denied. 1.4 Scholarship application period opens three times a year (Spring I, Summer I, and Fall I). 1.4.1 Returning students are eligible to apply for scholarships for Spring, Summer, or Fall semesters. 1.4.2 The New Horizon scholarship accepts applications for Spring, Summer, or Fall. 1.5 Academic merit holds the highest weight in the review of most scholarship applications. In the case of a tie, the committee will rely on this hierarchy to make their award decision. 1.6 Applicants must submit one application for each scholarship for which they wish to apply.
- Scholarships are awarded as credit towards tuition only. The award amount will be divided into installments and the credit will be deducted from the total tuition charged for each semester.
- Scholarships cannot be awarded to applicants who receive any VIU discount or outside scholarship funding besides Financial Aid (e.g., government scholarships, academic collaboration-related funding, etc.).
- Cumulative GPA can be rounded one decimal place for eligibility requirements.
- Student must maintain the requirements for the scholarship for which they applied in order to continue receiving the scholarship for the subsequent semester.
- Evidence of English language proficiency is required depending on the type of scholarship.
- Students must be in good standing with the university in order to apply for any scholarship.
- Scholarship awardees must agree to sign a Media Release Form authorizing VIU to use their picture, video, and/or testimonial for scholarship marketing purposes.
- VIU full-time staff is only eligible to apply for the VIU Staff Workforce Development Scholarship.
- Students who are awarded with a scholarship during their last semester cannot apply the full awarded amount to one semester; only half of the scholarship amount will be applied to the student’s last semester of study.
- Students who apply for Work on Campus scholarship will be automatically granted the award if eligibility requirements are met. However, VIU has the right to retrieve the amount awarded for the Work on Campus scholarship within 30 consecutive days if a student resigns or is let go from the position.
- Students must be enrolled full time in one of VIU’s on-ground degree or language programs in order to receive the scholarship award.
- VIU has the right to request original documentation. Submission of fabricated or false documents will result in immediate dismissal of the application and will disqualify the individual from applying to the scholarship program in the future. Documents submitted for application purposes will not be returned to the applicant.
- There is no guarantee that a scholarship will be awarded solely because the applicant meets the requirements, eligibility, and/or fulfillment of the scholarship criteria. All applicants should submit their application and follow proper procedures.
Application Deadline: The 2017/2018 Virginia International University Scholarship Programme application deadline is September 1, 2017.
Scholarship Source: Virginia International University Scholarship
Thank you for reading this arcticle”2017/2018 Virginia International University Scholarship Programme REOPENED – viu.edu”